So, most of you that know us as a couple, also know that Varun loves surprising me with little things here and there! It’s one of the best parts about being married to him ❤
So, last Saturday, he woke up early and left for a haircut. I was fast asleep and everyone who knows me knows never ever to wake me up early on a weekend! Well, Tyrion obviously didn’t get the memo, so he began pawing me at about 8:30 and I was forced to wake. Grumpily, of course! As soon as I stepped out into the lounge, though, Varun shooed me back in saying he’s making me breakfast and that I shouldn’t come out until he was done. I told him, “What’s the big deal, it’s just bread and eggs! Why can’t I just come out?!”
But of course, he threw me out anyway. 20 minutes later, he comes with this embarrassed look on his face and said, “Ok, I’ve plated up. Now, you can come out.” And there I went, half expecting an omelette and bread, when I saw one of the prettiest things ever plated up by him! Check out the pictures 🙂
Butter: 1 tsp
Bacon (Shoulder Bacon): As much as you want!
Rosemary (finely chopped): As required
Basil (finely Chopped): As required
Green chillies (finely chopped): 1
Paprika: As required
Salt and pepper
1. Spread melted butter all over the inside of a ramekin
2. Place Bacon strips in ramekin lengthwise, until the inside is completely covered by
3. Sprinkle a little rosemary, basil and paprika and chillies on this
4. Crack an egg into the ramekin
5. Sprinkle some more rosemary, basil and paprika on top along with some pepper
6. Bake on 220 degrees until the bacon looks firm enough to pull out of the ramekin and the egg looks done
7. Pull the bacon cup out (it should slide out easily) and serve with love!
Like I always say, BEST HUSBAND EVER! ❤ Do try it out and let us know how it was!